1 Corinthians 13:8-12; James 4:13-15; Psalm 46
God is our refuge and strength in the midst of the chaos that can be part of discerning life’s direction. This Sunday we experienced the Examen, a practice from Ignatius of Loyola. Find out more about it here. The Purposeful Plan of the Mennonite Church USA says that groups and individuals move in the direction of the questions we ask of ourselves. Here are the questions that MC USA has used in discerning our Church’s future.
Today, or in the next few months/years/decades:
– Who is God calling you to become as a person?
– Where is God calling you to go?
– What are the signposts to show that you are on God’s chosen path?
– Where are you now on this journey?
– What circumstances might cause you to make changes/adjustments to your goals along the way?
May we keep our eyes on Jesus as we dare to step out of the boat and into the churning waves and the wind (Matthew 14:28-33).